Manager, Customer Support
Solink is a different kind of data-analytics software company. We’ve successfully made surveillance video a source of powerful insight for business owners of franchise and retail chains. We focus on security applications that combat fraud proactively and make it easier for owners to track down problems. Today we focus on loss prevention and in the future, we see every department using video to make data-driven decisions: marketing, operations, even HR.
A job at Solink means working with an amazing team and tackling one of the biggest data problems out there. We are venture backed and focus on continuous execution to delight our customers. We have a creative and collaborative work environment, and all of our employees have meaningful equity in the company.
A bit about the role…
Solink is seeking a Manager of Customer Support to lead our growing Customer Support team. This Team has a primary responsibility of productively supporting our customers in a timely, empathetic and effective way when they have questions or need help. We’re looking for a dynamic, highly personable, hands-on and resourceful senior leader to join our talented team. The focus for the role will be on schedules, procedures, process and various strategic initiatives to help scale and improve Solink’s Support Team and the business as a whole. This role has significant levels of responsibility and accountability for operational delivery. We are seeking a driven individual up for their next challenge - Do you feel like you’re able to tackle this role? Show us what you got! Please note this opportunity has a STRONG in-office presence with a hybrid working model.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a minimum 5-7 years experience in a Customer Support role, including at least 3 years in a team leader/management role of an operational customer service team
- You have served as a point of escalation for a team
- You have a proven ability to analyze situations and problem solve
- You are innovative and interested in providing ideas to move people and the business forward
- You have experience in creating specific, measurable and manageable metrics and KPI targets
- You are capable of managing an experienced team towards specific KPI targets and have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding KPIs
- You have successfully led cross-functional strategic performance and initiatives
- You are interested in helping people and providing excellent customer service
- You have experience scaling a Support Team >40 people, including hiring for new positions and working with systems at scale
- You have outstanding command of the English Language - written and spoken (French is an asset). You will be able to articulate with superb customer communication skills, both over the phone, chat and via email
- You have experience in working with SaaS business/enterprise applications
- You have sound knowledge of Key SaaS Metrics and have experience in working within SLA’s and have success in achieving tight KPI’s
- You are detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
- You are autonomous and able to keep up with new policies, procedures and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- You have a high degree of initiative, courtesy, empathy and professionalism to build valuable customer relationships that you will leverage to generate a positive feel in the market and contribute significantly to the revenue and company growth.
- You have experience using a suite of support based tools such as Hubspot, Zendesk, Intercom, etc. and Comfortable with Google Apps (Gmail, docs, calendar)
- You are proficient with basic and advanced forms of technology, including computers, software applications (MS Office, Teams, etc.)
- You are a confident leader and a proactive team player
- You are self-motivated and able to think on your feet when dealing with customers
- You are passionate about the customer experience and service excellence
- You are a proven collaborator and team player who can easily liaise with different levels and departments both internally and externally.
- Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included), or eligible to work in Canada;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead, manage and scale a growing team of Customer Support Specialists serving a global B2B customer base
- You will evaluate the performance of customer support representatives, including motivating, mentoring, training and coaching needs
- You will manage and supervise daily workflow, various daily agent activities, including call quality monitoring
- You will continually develop improvements and embed successful change projects
- You will take proactive actions to ensure representative’s schedule adherence and presence at work and drive quality and consistency in their performance
- You will resolve escalated representative issues and determine appropriate actions for successful resolution
- You will be active and constructively participating in team meetings on relevant issues with agents and upper management to provide updates on performance management and project progress
- You will identify and provide feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities
- You will identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service and productivity
- You will maintain and improve operations by monitoring system performance, identifying and resolving problems, completing action plans, completing audits and analyses, managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs
- You will continue to develop Customer Support Specialists to be product knowledge experts to provide a consistent and high-level quality of support at all times
- You will ensure the Team delivers a world class customer experience to our customers via phone, live chat, and email support channels
- You will coach, empower and engage the Customer Service Team to always do their best
- You will collaborate with the success, sales, product, compliance and engineering teams and other internal stakeholders to help customers resolve issues they are facing
- You will complete forecasting, ensure ops systems are up to date, etc.
- You will strive to improve NPS (Net Promoter Score) – CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), or other Customer metrics
- You will strive to find reductions in the cost to serve
- You are responsible in identifying new tools and technologies to better serve our customers
- You will measure Customer Engagement by tracking how our customers are using the product and provide this information to our teams so that we can better serve our customers Measure Customer Satisfaction by tracking their NPS scores and feedback
- You will work closely with customers to: Develop and implement best practices for serving our customers that will reduce churn rates to an absolute minimum.
- You'll be a champion for the customer in internal discussions and help identify feature requests and bug fixes.
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + Point of Sale data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s fastest growing companies. We're not just a tech and security company - we are rapidly evolving the way that we use and think about video security, data analytics and technology. We're enhancing the status quo to positively impact clients and customers' businesses.
We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead - and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions…
Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHY WORK AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that - PLUS we offer…..
- Flexibility in your chosen hours of work by helping you get "stuff" done (encourages that work life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Fully paid Health / dental benefits offered immediately (an additional $500 spending account for items that aren’t covered in our AMAZING benefits program);
- Monthly reimbursement toward a health and wellness;
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: This role is primarily executed on-site, in-office.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your cover letter and resume addressed to JarJar Binx outlining why you would be the right fit for this position.
Solink welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process